Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundred of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
The Software Test Engineer works closely with the system and software designers, product managers, and project managers to develop and execute automated test programs to ensure that the robotic system satisfies safety, technical, and customer requirements. This role is a key part of our development process and requires the ability to communicate clearly with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Define, develop, and execute test programs and plans for Seegrid's robotic trucks, subsystems, and software
- Ensure test programs and plans adequately cover technical, customer, and regulatory requirements
- Plan, schedule, and implement testing for product release cycles, working with Engineering and Product Management to establish criteria for new features and functions and developing test programs and plans to assure performance to these criteria
- Support branch and integration testing of software tickets to address software changes
- Support FMEA and risk analyses, and develop test programs (including regression tests) to demonstrate adequacy for these analyses
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years of experience in the area of software and system test during the entire development life cycle
- Solid understanding of the software testing process is necessary. Understanding of verification and validation (V&V) concepts a plus
- Detailed, process oriented, with demonstrated understanding and discipline of applying engineering fundamentals
- Personable, with great written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, comfortable and demonstrating flexibility in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Well-grounded with the ability to prioritize, multitask and independently problem solve
- Results oriented, self-motivated and proactive with a proven track record working in cross-functional teams to effectively implement change and deliver on aggressive timelines
- Experience with Selenium automation is a plus
- Experience with robotics a plus
- Experience with Linux a strong plus
- Small-team leadership a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.