Seegrid is the leading provider of mobile industrial automation solutions for materials handling with over three million production miles driven in some of the world’s biggest companies. We combine vision-guided industrial vehicles, fleet management, and enterprise intelligence data into a platform that empowers our customers to automate and optimize material flow.
We put these autonomous vehicles to work today with an emphasis on safety, reliability, and flexibility. We are passionate about making our customers successful in deploying end-to-end automation solutions and foster a culture of collaboration, active and open communication, integrity, and respect. The challenges before us are great, but we are a high-performance team driven to change how the world does logistics.
Seegrid has an opening for a Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer works closely with engineering and project teams to analyze, evaluate, and improve products and debug the complex, multidisciplinary issues around all aspects of Seegrid's products. This position is a key part of our engineering organization and requires clear communication with individuals from different backgrounds and departments.
- Conceive and implement solutions to complex problems using engineering principles
- Evaluate and document system-level performance of robots encompassing mechanical, electrical and software aspects that influence system operation
- Develop and document test plans and configurations to characterize current performance
- Assist in creation and implementation of improvements to products to drive system efficiency and ease of use
- Support activities associated with evaluating and leading efforts to integrate robot operation with other industrial automation equipment such as charge stations, line side conveyance and other
- Perform product development activities including interpretation of specifications and documentation of requirements
- Assist in the design reviews and participate in the transition of designs to manufacturing and service
- Fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components or assemblies
- Assist in verifying designs against system or product specifications as well as debugging and troubleshooting
- Write design documentation for new features and changes
- Work remotely with field personnel to evaluate issues and failures to determine root cause
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of experience
- Strong experience in implementing and evaluating system performance. Desire experience in control system evaluation and tuning
- Experience with product design, including manufacturing methods, revision control and functional performance is required, including production documentation of drawings, software and BOM's
- Detail oriented and demonstrated understanding and discipline of applying engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work effectively with customers and field service personnel to diagnose and remedy field issues
- Personable, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, comfortable and demonstrating flexibility in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience in configuration control (both repository management and design cut-in)
- Control systems & dynamics
- Performance modeling and optimization
- Familiar with standards
- Material handling equipment and factory automation
- Experience in optics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.