Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles and user-friendly, enterprise software solutions. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions. Today, Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 for the world’s largest brands. Global leaders in manufacturing, distribution, and e-commerce fulfillment rely on Seegrid’s full suite of solutions and services, including vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart—our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. Are you ready to transform the future?
About the Role:
Seegrid has an opening for a Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer works closely with engineering and project teams to analyze, evaluate, and improve products and debug the complex, multidisciplinary issues around all aspects of Seegrid's products. This position is a key part of our engineering organization and requires clear communication with individuals from different backgrounds and departments.
- Conceive and implement solutions to complex problems using engineering principles
- Evaluate and document system-level performance of robots encompassing mechanical, electrical and software aspects that influence system operation
- Develop and document test plans and configurations to characterize current performance
- Assist in creation and implementation of improvements to products to drive system efficiency and ease of use
- Support activities associated with evaluating and leading efforts to integrate robot operation with other industrial automation equipment such as charge stations, line side conveyance and other
- Perform product development activities including interpretation of specifications and documentation of requirements
- Assist in the design reviews and participate in the transition of designs to manufacturing and service
- Fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components or assemblies
- Assist in verifying designs against system or product specifications as well as debugging and troubleshooting
- Write design documentation for new features and changes
- Work remotely with field personnel to evaluate issues and failures to determine root cause
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of experience
- Strong experience in implementing and evaluating system performance. Desire experience in control system evaluation and tuning
- Experience with product design, including manufacturing methods, revision control and functional performance is required, including production documentation of drawings, software and BOM's
- Detail oriented and demonstrated understanding and discipline of applying engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work effectively with customers and field service personnel to diagnose and remedy field issues
- Personable, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, comfortable and demonstrating flexibility in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience in configuration control (both repository management and design cut-in)
- Control systems & dynamics
- Performance modeling and optimization
- Familiar with standards
- Material handling equipment and factory automation
- Experience in optics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.