Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
We currently have an opening for a Field Service Technician to join our team. Our Field Service Technicians are responsible for installing and repairing robotic applications and facilitating on-going customer projects by providing advanced technical support and training.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance, software upgrades, and troubleshoot powered industrial vehicles, robotics and vision guided systems
- Provide on-site engineering or workarounds in critical situations, with support from engineering and others
- Respond effectively to customer service calls which may require travel on short notice
- Deploy robotic products into customer facilities and set up applications as defined
- Provide training to customer staff in safety, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of powered industrial robotic vehicles
- Document status of on-going and completed projects via electronic reporting
- Maintain excellent customer relationships and build goodwill
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in electrical/mechanical technology, or at least 3 years of experience in related field
- Ability to work long hours in noisy and busy environments
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong customer interface with commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical knowledge of Windows; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally and maintain a clean driving record - Passport is required
- Must be a highly responsible individual who can work independently and with minimal supervision
Nice to have:
- Linux Experience is a strong plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.