Why join Seegrid?
Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles and user-friendly, enterprise software solutions. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions. Today, Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 for the world’s largest brands. Global leaders in manufacturing, distribution, and e-commerce fulfillment rely on Seegrid’s full suite of solutions and services, including vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart—our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. Are you ready to transform the future?
About the Role:
To ensure that customers receive high quality, safe and standards-compliant Autonomous mobile robots (AMR), the Quality Engineer (QE) must participate during development of new products & processes, modifications to existing products, accessories, and support software as they relate to reliable design. This may also include assisting in development of quality processes, and QC test jigs. The QE must be able to assess the impact on vehicle reliability during system design, component selection, and manufacturing process development (control/capability) using mathematical, statistical analysis, and industry standards. Critical field information must be gathered and analyzed for improvement opportunities and avoidance of performance degradation (or product failure) to maximize the returns on the customers’ investments.
- Develop and execute design validation plans for new products and changes to existing products.
- Assists in quality assurance testing and analysis of supplier materials, assemblies in process, and finished products.
- Assists in developing quality control methods, jig/ tool development, and evaluates product tolerances with reporting to the Supply Chain, and Quality team.
- Provide quality metrics, periodic reporting, and data analysis for cross-functional teams.
- Provide Engineering support for Quality Control (QC) technical staff regarding reliability screening, process improvement, and finished goods inspection/ testing.
- Assist and drive problem solving/8D activities internally or at customer sites in response to performance degradation or product field failure.
- Work with Seegrid Engineering/Manufacturing/Supply Chain/ Service to resolve quality problems that might be unique to customer applications.
- Work with supplier management/ Supplier QE to ensure selection of components and product application from a reliability perspective.
- Provide and participate in Lean process improvement activities.
- Conduct regular quality reviews with stakeholders in support of improved product performance and reliability.
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in and Engineering or other Technical discipline
- Ability to read, interpret and author Engineering drawings (i.e. for test fixture development)
- Ability to work with applied mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Capable of following strict adherence to detail
- Able to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Exposure to the Quality discipline in automotive, electronics, or other similarly regulated industries
- Familiar with ISO9001, ISO/TS16949 or equivalent standards
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical testing standards
- Programming (C++, Python, MATLAB) experience a plus for test fixture development
- Physical Demands - role will be required to frequently lifting electronic equipment weighing up to 25 pounds to a height of 3-5 feet for installation, maintenance, and inspection, while positioning oneself accordingly
- Exposure to noise and flashing lights
- Regularly operates computer and electronic equipment requiring fine adjustment and data entry
- Visual acuity is required to inspect material and workmanship to published specifications
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This position will be based at our HQ in Pittsburgh, PA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.