Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with more than two million miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management software for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
The Director, Strategic Value Management role is a unique opportunity for a motivated, accomplished professional with a strategic product or program management background to define, manage, and communicate priority, progress, and financial status of our portfolio. The Director, Strategic Value Management will partner with stakeholders across the enterprise to design and develop views and metrics that enable strategic decision making by the Technology Leadership Team, Business leaders, and Product stakeholders and drive transformative outcomes.
As the Director, Strategic Value Management, you will:
- Refine and document the value proposition of key initiatives and development programs, creating high quality and compelling communication, governance materials, and communication strategies for stakeholders across the enterprise to convey the right message to the right audience at the right time
- Lead the Value Management Organization (VMO) to execute, manage and maintain solutions and programs that form company portfolio
- Build a mature, self-motivated, and highly competent VMO team
- Mentor and coach project managers / program leads. Direct sub-project leaders and give operational guidance, both technically and organizationally where necessary.
- Build and enhance financial models and business cases that support complex strategies, partnering closely with Seegrid leadership, Finance, Product and Engineering teams across the enterprise to:
- Develop clear and consistent definitions of cost and benefit drivers across platforms, and define and execute methods for delivering, monitoring and measuring these drivers
- Create and deliver insightful communication for leaders and executives, highlighting performance against strategies and outcomes
- Develop key metrics and an executive dashboard that tie to defined objectives, applying existing measurements such as OKRs and KPIs, and leading and facilitating data gathering and solutions workshops as needed
- Design and manage lightweight collaborative processes, including inputs, outputs, and structured communications for keeping models and metrics current
- Apply understanding of hardware and software development concepts such as agile development, development flow, and platforms, and link financial strategies to product delivery
- Leverage and integrate with larger budgeting and planning processes, such as Portfolio Planning and Annual Planning
- Independently drive project progress by managing relationships with stakeholders, identifying opportunities and obstacles/risks, developing strategic recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are optimally executed
- Lead and plan meetings intentionally, anticipating audience perspectives and setting the right lead-up, goals, and agenda
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve results and enact wide-scale impact across the enterprise
- Help build an awesome culture across Seegrid by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic achievement is required; MBA or equivalent degree in relevant subject highly preferred
- You have deep experience and proven thought leadership in a financial, portfolio, or strategic product development role, and a strong foundation of knowledge in design and finance, with the ability to translate complex strategies into meaningful financial models.
- You have a robust toolbox with a variety of methods to develop and execute strategy.
- You know that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with relentless preparation, collaborative leadership, empathy, and deep focus on the details.
- You have the courage and conviction to continuously deliver results in a dynamic environment and navigate high levels of ambiguity comfortably.
- You demonstrate a drive for results and pursue efforts with energy, even in the face of challenge.
- You are able to lead and influence without authority at multiple levels across technology, product, and business functions.
- You are adept at building relationships, with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with leaders across business and technology.
- You have superb verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand your audience and build presentations to structure your message and effectively inform and persuade.
- You are a problem solver with excellent analytical and data management skills.
- Working knowledge of technology investment planning and related processes
- Advanced MS Excel skills and highly proficient across MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with agile management tools preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.