Seegrid is embracing a remote workforce, so this position can be remotely located anywhere in the US or at HQ in Pittsburgh, PA.
Seegrid is the leading provider of mobile industrial automation solutions for materials handling with over three million production miles driven in some of the world’s biggest companies. We combine vision-guided industrial vehicles, fleet management, and enterprise intelligence data into a platform that empowers our customers to automate and optimize material flow.
We put these autonomous vehicles to work today with an emphasis on safety, reliability, and flexibility. We are passionate about making our customers successful in deploying end-to-end automation solutions and foster a culture of collaboration, active and open communication, integrity, and respect. The challenges before us are great, but we are a high-performance team driven to change how the world does logistics.
Seegrid is seeking an experienced, dynamic, visionary marketing professional to assume the role of Director of Awareness & Public Relations. An action-oriented strategist, self-starter, and fast learner with a passion for technology, the Director will build out a world-class awareness and public relations marketing function, responsible for planning, development, implementation, and measurement of its activities. This includes directing and coordinating the efforts of these functions at the strategic and tactical levels.
Providing strategic insights on awareness and PR-related opportunities that align with the company’s mission and plan, this is a key leadership role within a rapidly growing Marketing organization, reporting to the VP of Marketing.
- Architect and implement comprehensive, integrated, short- and long-term plans to broaden awareness, strengthen Seegrid’s brand identity, and ensure Seegrid’s reputability across key stakeholder audiences.
- Oversee and contribute to programs to raise the profile and awareness of the Seegrid brand, leading the company’s PR, content development, and creative functions, as well as external agencies, delivering measurable outcomes.
- Own the development of thought leadership topics and content to help create brand awareness, build inbound interest, and to shape audience perceptions, including customers, prospects, analysts, press, investors, potential employees, and partners.
- Ensure the consistent articulation and promotion of Seegrid’s mission, vision, and brand identity, serving as lead publicity point person, actively cultivating and managing relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance to the company.
- Create a vision and foster cohesion between the function and the business in order to recognize measurable objectives, define and execute actionable strategies to achieve them, and gather and report meaningful results.
- Guide awareness outreach, crisis preparedness, and reputation management, including messaging in press releases, preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations, interview preparation, and responses to requests.
- Implement key communications policies, protocols and best practices, implementing and monitoring systems and procedures necessary to ensure smooth operation of the function, monitoring progress, assuring adherence, and evaluating performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly self-motivated and able to work within tight deadlines, driving multiple projects at once, across functional teams
- Entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done” in a results-oriented environment
- Willing to execute day-to-day tasks, effectively prioritizing and following through
- Ability to research and synthesize information, measure, evaluate, and report on results
- Creativity and leading edge thinking: ability to regularly generate, test, and assess new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and organizational skills
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years B2B and/or agency experience in all aspects of this role, combination a plus
- Capable leader, manager, and coach with a successful track record in senior marketing roles
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience leading internal teams and external agencies through a diverse marketing mix
- Bachelor's degree Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or comparable work experience; MBA a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing Institute Certification a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.