Cloud Operations Engineer (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Why join Seegrid?
Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles. We develop and deliver mobile robots and enterprise software for global leaders in logistics, manufacturing, warehousing, and e-commerce. Our suite of solutions includes vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart—our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions.
The Role: Cloud Operations Engineer
This role reports to Technical Lead, Software Engineering.
The ideal candidate has experience in cloud infrastructure operations supporting software engineering teams, with strong fundamental technical knowledge.
Core Responsibility for this role:
As a Cloud Operations Engineer at Seegrid, you will work in a tightly knit team to create the next generation of warehouse automation robots and control systems. You'll work with engineers, product management, and customers to manage, deploy and support cloud-based systems that power fleets of autonomous industrial vehicles.
The successful completion of your first year, looks like:
- Within your first 30 days, you will have developed an understanding of the major components of Seegrid’s cloud infrastructure and become familiar with existing processes and tools.
- After your first quarter, you will have begun contributing to daily operations and enhancements of Seegrid systems and demonstrated ownership of a portion of Seegrid cloud infrastructure.
- By your 6th month, you will have an understanding of Seegrid products as well as Engineering teams and their related codebases. You will have worked directly with development teams as a cloud SME to implement or maintain solutions according to best practices.
- After your first year, you will have contributed to the Engineering Operations future roadmap, assisted with efforts to enhance and expand Seegrid’s cloud-based development platforms, and helped to develop and document standards and practices to ensure scalable, observable, enterprise-grade solutions.
Responsibilities will consist of:
- Design and implement deployment environments for an industrial automation platform
- Management of highly distributed and scalable cloud-based systems
- Apply best practices for automation, CI/CD, infrastructure-as-code & security
- Perform design reviews and provide meaningful feedback to your peers
- Share knowledge with peers by writing design documents, giving tech talks, documenting code, collaborating on process improvements, etc.
- Work closely with product management and service teams to deliver great products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, similar field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in an infrastructure-as-code paradigm
- Experience deploying or working with any set of the following: AWS/Azure/Google Cloud, config management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt) CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory), UNIX/Linux, RDBMS & NoSQL, orchestration tools, VPN deployments, secrets management, Kubernetes & Docker
- Ability to clearly explain and communicate complex technical topics Desired Experience:
- Management of large-scale data center in a cloud or physical environment
- Strong scripting ability in bash and/or Python
- Systems integration experience
- Information security, compliance & penetration testing
- Maintaining developer environments at scale
- Experience partnering with interdisciplinary stakeholders, providing consulting and execution support
Seegrid is embracing a remote workforce, so this position can be remotely located anywhere in the US or at HQ in Pittsburgh, PA. We have been recognized regionally and nationally as a Best-Place-to-Work and we are proud of our 97% employee retention rate. We’d love to have you join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.