C++ Software Engineer (Remote, Pittsburgh, PA)
Why join Seegrid?
*Fast Company recently ranked Seegrid as one of the world's most innovative Robotics companies
*Top Workplace in 2018, 2019 Small Company Category (Pittsburgh Region)
*Top Overall Workplace Award for “Benefits” 2019 (Pittsburgh Region)
*Top Overall Workplace Award for “Health and Wellness” 2018 (Pittsburgh Region)
*Full paid employee benefits (No Employee Payroll contribution)
*Dog friendly corporate office environment (Take your dog to work)
**Work Remotely or work from our Corporate offices in Pittsburgh, PA depending upon where you live
Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles. We develop and deliver mobile robots and enterprise software for global leaders in logistics, manufacturing, warehousing, and e-commerce. Our suite of solutions includes vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart—our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions.
The Role: C++ Software Engineer
You will ideally have strong fundamentals and experience coding in C++ with a background or familiarity working with Robots. You will use modern software development practices, the Linux operating system, and, most importantly, delivering products to the market. A desire to solve real-world problems working hands-on with the robot. An ability to work in conjunction with software engineers and systems engineers to take input or provide suggestions towards practical and scalable solutions.We are seeking candidates with a curiosity for what could be and the drive to realize it.
Core Responsibility for this role:
Develop products and features using your experience and knowledge to design, build and maintain efficient, reliable, and reusable C++ code on a Linux platform. Work closely with the robot to develop code that interfaces with motor controllers, encoders and sensors. Strong communication skills to interface with remote software engineers and systems engineers.
The successful completion of your first year, looks like:
- First 30 days: Become familiar with the product software architecture.
- First 60 days: Ramp up on the systems design, software design and implementation of the product.
- First 90 days: Created a plan for the first year’s software design and implementation objectives and key results.
- First year: Successfully demonstrated completion of the software design and implementation objectives and key results.
Responsibilities will consist of:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reliable, and reusable C++ code
- Work hands-on with sensors, encoders, controllers on the robot and develop software integrations with hardware
- Develop products and features that get put to work in autonomous material handling vehicles with safety as priority
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including hardware engineering, product management, customer experience, and sales to design products with market impact
- Work closely with Seegrid's other software teams on platform-level features
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience of deploying real solutions to the market
- Strong software engineering knowledge and demonstrated expertise in C++
- Hands-on experience working with one or more hardware systems
- Practical knowledge of modern software development practices
- Experience in writing maintainable, testable, and scalable code, identifying defects, and devising solutions
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience writing real-time embedded software using full stack C++17 on Linux platforms
- Deep understanding of object-oriented software development, multi-threaded algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with Ethernet, CAN, and industrial networks
- Experience writing software for autonomous vehicles
- Experience writing software in robotics / mechatronics products
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment across a broad range of engineering disciplines
We have been recognized regionally and nationally as a Best-Place-to-Work and we are proud of our 97% employee retention rate. We’d love to have you join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.